Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reading Profile

Since starting my Master's program, I have fallen behind in reading for fun. I am excited to start to have more free time to get back to reading books besides articles and textbooks. I am purchasing my first home with my fiance and planning a wedding, but I am determined to read more this year! I read over 100 books in 2014 and 2015 (according to Goodreads) and I would love to even hit 50 books this year.

My book collection has been growing over the years, and I am also forcing myself to limit the books I keep on my bookshelves. I am a person who likes to own as few items as possible, but that does not translate to my book collection! I still have around 1000 books, with about 200 of them unread.

If I could only read one genre for the rest of my days, I would easily choose historical fiction. I am a history nut and I love reading an author's fictional world with historical aspects. Historical fiction set between the Roaring 20s and World War II are books I gravitate toward. Since I work a full time desk job, I have been listening to audio books more frequently. I'm not picky when it comes to audio books because I use our library's OverDrive to listen to any free audio books available to me at the time.

I would list my favorite authors or books, but I don't like to pick favorites 😄.

3 comments:

  1. I really love Historical Fiction as well. One of my all time favorite books is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way with my books! We are trying to downsize, and the hardest part is the books. While I only have one bookshelf in my home at the moment, I have two shelves at my dad's house, multiple containers in his garage, and even more in a storage shed! And they are, naturally, the heaviest to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one ever helps me move anymore. I have 6 full bookcases so I absolutely feel the struggle. And I've only read maybe a third of them! Great reading profile!

    ReplyDelete